H.R.H. Princess Abze Djigma
Founder & CEO, AbzeSolar
H.R.H. Princess Abze Djigma is a Mossi Princess from Burkina Faso and a direct descendant of Princess Yennenga, mother of the Mossi people and a famous warrior in the 12th century.
- Chair of the H.R.H. Princess Abze Djigma Foundation;
- Special Envoy of the President of Burkina Faso, Resource Mobilisation for SDG's and Climate Change;
- Ambassador for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency of Burkina Faso;
- Deputy head of delegation of the COP23 delegation of Burkina Faso;
- Former Board Member of UNISDR Private Sector Alliance for Disaster Resilient Societies;
- President Senior Advisor External relations and Gender for the Center Region Council of Burkina Faso;
- Founder and CEO AbzeSolar S.A.;
Initiator and leader of the ‘MAMA-LIGHT® Initiative for Sustainable Energy”, a Worldwide program that provides access to affordable energy for women, small business and children. It empowers the informal sector, it drives the generation of new jobs and it creates a sound basis for gender equality and women empowerment. The program is selected by the United Nations as one of the 14 global breakthrough solutions for achieving the new Sustainable Development Goals;.
- Initiator of the Global Expertise Hub for the Informal Sector. The Hub works with and on behalf of the informal sector and facilitates their empowerment. It brings together the Bottom Up needs and challenges with the Top Down actions in a structured and integrated manner.